Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 15

Thread: model 19 on Epay Illinois

  1. #1
    Inactive Member hmole's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 27th, 2005
    Posts
    130
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    http://cgi.ebay.com/PAIR-ALTEC-LANCI...QQcmdZViewItem

    Not mine
    No Affiliation

    Bad photos and description, snipers delight, 8 days left

    Harry

  2. #2
    Inactive Member bfish's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 1st, 2004
    Posts
    2,891
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Termites...

  3. #3
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    A recipe for disaster in the making! Wait till he gets them to UPS ground and finds out they are close to 150# each!
    Better yet, I doubt UPS ground will even ship them.

    Gary

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member bowtie427ss's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 24th, 2006
    Location
    Rural NY
    Posts
    3,901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    26 Post(s)

    Post

    LOL!!!!

    Totally agree with ya Gary, that's just a bad ebay experience waiting to unfold, payscam only, and the seller isn't sure how someone could pick up locally as they'll have to pay the shipping anyway, doesn't seem to have much ebay experience for being a member since '03.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    "Between 35 and 45 lbs." LOL!

  6. #6
    Inactive Member Richard C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2002
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just asked him if he knew that they were actually 150 lbs each, and I suggested local pickup only. I have a pair that I drove over 1000 miles round trip to get.

    Bill H. told me that he has heard of several Model 19's that had the 811 horn break out the mounting holes, and fall down inside, due to rough handling.

    Richard C.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Happy Bday, Rich!

    When ever shipping horns, weather inside or out side of the speakers, I highly recommend removal of the driver.

    I can't tell you how many horn/drivers have arrived here with drivers attached and ears broken off. Also if ever shipping the plastic bent 32 horns such as are found in the model 15 the driver must be removed or the horn will crack at the bend.

    Gary

  8. #8
    Inactive Member Richard C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2002
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Thank you Gary! The Birthdays come quicker these days!

    I think I would remove the drivers when shipping, because I can just hear the negative feedback now.

    EDIT: I DID receive an answer to my comment from this seller. He stated that he can't change the auction to "local pickup" or change the "weight" because the bidding has started. He told me he will have to charge shipping "but" will reimburse the buyer "if" they pick-up local. We'll see.
    Richard C.

    <font color="#FFFFFF" size="1">[ February 14, 2008 01:59 PM: Message edited by: Richard C. ]</font>

  9. #9
    Inactive Member Richard C.'s Avatar
    Join Date
    December 7th, 2002
    Posts
    229
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Relisted with text errors fixed.

    Richard C.

  10. #10
    Senior Hostboard Member Russnohio's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 8th, 2007
    Posts
    215
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Yeah, I kinda figured he meant between a HUNDRED 35 & a HUNDRED 45 pounds! forums

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.